Tuesday, November 27, 2018

I had no wisdom about the frail locks of my
Hair getting tangled inside of his thumbs.
The excitement was the distance

And how we placed our minds away
From our shells,
Outside his car,
still dangling from the trees near the pond
Where my soul seems to reside.
I kept telling him, on that cold hazy night where

His kiss tasted like salty tears and
Hands around my neck,

I will leave my love,
I have always known this,
you have not 
I will melt away in your hands,
and evaporate as fast as the night you found me

curled up in that distant corner. 
I have always wanted to ask, 
Does it hurt? Does it hurt when you touch me because
In time, 
When my hair will be dry and my mouth will be sealed,
In time, you will touch yourself and feel the cold places underneath
your arms where my body used to lay, and it will hurt
It will hurt like when the first time i ever got to taste the inside of your mouth;

Promise me that when i burn, you will not burn with me,
For winter comes again, and the cold leaves bitter memories


No comments:

Post a Comment