Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Drink me, my permission slip in pieces at your feet,
My mother always told me i deserved to be tasted,
Let me linger on your teeth;
Stain your smile
Pretend i was ever so present in your happiness 
Let me rot inside your cavities, build a nest on the underside of your cheek, oh god,
I will polish the words that come rolling off your tongue;
Pretend the skin they land on looked as pristine as mine
I will dangle from your tonsils; create a park inside your throat
I will climb down through your lungs; scream inside your veins, make you choke, 

I'll make you sin if she told you loving me was a mistake
Swirl me around inside your mouth, let me leave a bitter after-taste onto your
Tongue, lover, that will be the only reminder
That i had ever been there. That i had ever left.

No comments:

Post a Comment