Thursday, January 20, 2022

Today I am a shy brunette;


Golden locks in memory of a childhood
Where my pride would hang loose around
My waist;


We never talk about it though as
I drink beside you stale white wine,


Gloss staining the brim of my almost full glass,
I ask about your job but never about 
The golden ring around your finger 
As we eat cherries by the sea outside your car,
You start to tell me about your past
And I pretend to listen


I sleep with you but I
Never call you back





Today I am a cheeky red head;

Laughter like fireworks and eyes like that girl
You like to see naked online,


I expect you to pay for dinner as I show up
In a dress made of silk, you think I am a lady

I think you are a joke

Laugh at all your mundane jokes in hopes I
Make you think I am naïve and dumb
You tell me you want a wife


I tell you I want a life




Today I am an innocent blonde, 

The smell of rosemary on my 
Pink summer clothes, 

We make eye contact as I 
Sip my oatmeal latte from across
The café, 


You give me money only when 
I behave like a good little girl,


My mother always taught me from
A young little girl


That table manners are important, 

So I use the right fork to cut my steak

And you give me more money
Just for being quiet and hidden
When your wife comes home
For lunch break 




Today I am a sly girl with black hair;

Eyes darker than your past,
Mouth like sirens roaring through the night;


I never take off all my clothes at once 
And you never talk about me to your dad;

We catch sunsets every weekend in hopes
You can talk to me with your hands
In the backseat of your busted car,
I make sure to never ask you about your scars
Every time you put your shirt back on

Your palms give me a migraine 



I walk home
Every time







Today I am a skinhead,
A girl only from the waist
Down, but it doesn't matter 
Since you barely see my head

When we have sex in the dark;

You like to spice up your life
And I like cutting my hair when
I feel most suicidal, but lucky for us

My hair grows back faster and faster
Each month,


You tell all your friends about me
For all the wrong reasons, but you like
To turn on all the lights when I try a 
New wig on, and you tell all your friends
That you sleep with a different girl
Every night 


You always said you wanted to see
Other people, one of your biggest dreams
Was a threesome, so every night we fuck 
Me, you and my depression


You said you liked your girls mysterious, 
Layers like an onion, showing too much
But saying too little,

You loved me a little bit harder
With my hair dolled up and mouth 
Sewn shut from all the gloss


I met your mother as a brunette, and your
Father as a blonde, your friends know
All 7 sides of me, one for every
Day of the week, on Wednesdays I wear pink
And Thursdays I wear my long hair enough
To cover up my tear stained cheeks




but you only see me
The way you want to see me, 
Lights on when I wear
Your favorite hair 





Lights off when 
I remind you
Too much
Of the real
Me


















No comments:

Post a Comment